Elegance

Elegance
Elegance

Education

Education
Education

Experience

Experience
Experience

Summer Favourites

Hello Blog Buddies!

As many of you will know, summer is coming to an end here in beautiful Melbourne. The days are certainly cooling off and the temperatures are dropping faster in the evenings. So before the long summer evenings completely vanish, I wanted to share a few things I have been enjoying over the past few months...


Due to my husband's shoulder operation this summer, we were a little bit house bound and forced to stay close to home. Being a bit of a 'home body', this did not phase me... I can easily make a day disappear either in a book or on my computer. 

I must confess however, I also did some significant 'binge watching' of Netflicks' original series, 
'The Crown" this summer. 


I have to say, it is one of the most beautifully shot series I have seen in recent times. The cast is truly outstanding (once you get past the fact that Prince Phillip is being played by Doctor Who... which is easy to do as he nails HRH's mannerisms) and the costumes and settings are sumptuous and elegant.


Without doubt, it has made me want to overhaul my wardrobe completely, (in an effort to dress like Princess Margaret) always drink hot beverages out of a china cup, and has definitely inspired me to re-think head scarves. I am also thrilled to discover that there are at least three more series in the making... Tally Ho!


In an effort to drink more water this summer, I have purchased a couple of bright tumblers that for some reason, do make it easier to drink two litres of water a day... 
and for around $3, whatever works, I say!


I was fortunate enough to receive some beautiful Hourglass products at Christmas. The gorgeous Sheridan from @thelookbysheridan was kind enough to give me a lesson in how to use these products for all occasions. She was so generous with her time and taught me so much. The highlighters, (Ambient Incandescent and Ambient Euphoric)  are my particular favourites along with Sheridan's favourite brush, that as a make-up artist, she says she can't do without... the Nars Yachiyo Kabuki brush is an extremely versatile brush that I now use every day.


Another beauty product I am currently enjoying is the GoTo Skincare 'Face Hero'. It is an oil that can be used on all skin types and can be applied either in the morning or evening... or both. Even though any of the Go To products are worth purchasing simply because of the hilarious instructions, I was was rather hesitant about putting an oil directly onto my face on a regular basis. What was I thinking? The always delightful Zoe Foster-Blake will never lead you astray... I can honestly say that my Go To Skincare products have greatly improved my overall complexion. Oh... and its an Australian product... Yay!


Finally, my love of rose gold continues (these clips are actually a great deal more 'rosy' than they are in this picture) and I have particularly enjoyed finding the odd bit of it for both my home desk as well as my work desk this summer.


So there you have it... a bit of an odd selection but these truly have been a few of my favourite things this summer. 

Let me know what you think of 'The Crown' if you watch it...


No comments

Back to Top