Elegance

Elegance
Elegance

Education

Education
Education

Experience

Experience
Experience

Happy New Year! Happy New Goals!

Hello Blog Buddies!

Happy New Year! I hope this year brings you happiness, health and opportunity.


Generally speaking, I am not a fan of New Year's Eve. I think I have reached an age where staying up late, simply to stay up late, has lost it's lustre. (Yes, ...I really am getting old!) I do, however, love the 'fresh new start' feeling of New Year's Day. Cracking open a brand new diary or calendar and transferring over all the birthdays and celebrations to come throughout the year, is something I look forward to doing every new year.


Writing down goals (I personally prefer these to resolutions) is always a great way to refocus  your thoughts and help you to get excited about new beginnings. I like to include some 'lofty' goals along side my realistic ones... (I don't want to set myself up for complete failure!) I also like to break my goals down into categories such as personal and professional. Again, this just helps with making the goals seem a bit more achievable.


Once you have a few goals in place, I feel that writing an action plan as to how you are going to reach your goals, is also key to ticking them off. Without the steps to work on, goals can sometimes just drift out of focus, especially when the newness of the year has dissipated. Scheduled updates and 'check ins' of your goals is also a great way to keep on track as well is an opportunity to alter or tweak your original goal.


I hope you all enjoy a safe and fun-filled 2018! 

Did you write down any goals for 2018?
What will you be focusing on this year?



No comments

Back to Top